Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I guess it's finally time for before and after pics...

I never wanted to be that person that posts before and after pics. Whenever I see them on tv or online, I always think "wow, that was so quick!" People make it look...easy.


TOMS walk, April 2011. I officially
started the weight loss journey in
October 2011, but this is the best
"before" shot.

This was NOT easy. This will continue to be NOT easy. This is, in fact, the hardest thing I have ever done, and it's not even close to being over.


So just remember, these pictures are moments in time. They are brief snapshots. You see two versions of me. What you can't see is the sweat, the tears, the pain, the injuries, the early mornings, the late nights, the wonder, the glory, the highs, the lows, and everything in between. And I mean everything.


 I wish I had a picture of me choosing a different route home so I didn't have to drive by a McDonald's. I wish I had a picture of me not eating the tray of christmas cookies at my aunt's house. I wish I had a picture of me at the pool yesterday when, for the first time in my life, I could walk around in my bathing suit and not be self-conscious. I wish I had a picture of every single training session I have had with my trainer, the Romainiac (if you've ever trained her, you would know why she gets that nickname).


So many pictures I don't have. And I really wish that I had a picture of Jesus Christ Himself, running beside me down the Tobacco Trail for 7 miles. Because that would have to be the craziest picture anyone has ever seen. I may not have a picture, but trust me...it happened. And it was very, very good.

Here's to the next 71 pounds!

A recent pic with one of partners in crime, Lauren.
The crime? Breaking hearts. Oh yeah also...kicking ass
and taking names.

17 comments:

  1. Amazing job Liz. You look great.

    Brian S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a beautiful post Liz! You definitely are kicking so much ass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLqAqIj8Rdc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cam, I regret every single day that I no longer have that t-shirt. I also regret that I didn't punch you harder in the stomach that one time...

      But for real...thanks. Look forward to seeing you soon. Greeting you with a punch. Prepare the abs.

      Delete
  4. Liz,You are so inspiring! I can't even put into words how I felt when reading this post...my jaw dropped when I saw your before and after!!! You look AMAZING! Keep up the good work! I have to work up to it, but one day I WILL run with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown, LET'S DO IT. And since you're unknown...just let me know what color tee you'll be wearing...

      Delete
    2. Liz I am so happy for you!! You are and have always been an amazing person! Thank you for changing my life for the better and now you are changing yours. God is good!

      Amanda Ward Stephens

      Delete
  5. You are amazing. Praise the Lord, of who I know thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Liz...I'm in the middle of my own little fitness struggle and your results are encouraging. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANKS EVERYONE! I am so encouraged by all the feedback, it's nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You make me want to cry....with joy! This is so inspiring I want to go hit the gym now...sadly I am at work. But I WILL be there after. THANK YOU. I NEEDED THIS MORE THAN YOU KNOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look incredible lizard!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AWESOME!!! Awesome of you to take on such a HUGE challenge of conquering your fears. Kudos to you for sharing and the BEST of luck for a continued lifestyle that's full of energy...and maybe one cookie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome! Way to go Liz! Talk about self discipline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beyond incredible!!! SOO happy for you :) keeep being awesome!

    ReplyDelete