Friday, May 10, 2013

Giving up.

All around me, I am seeing a trend that is disheartening. Inside of me, I am seeing a trend that is disheartening. It's a slow fade, so you don't notice it until it's pretty late in the game. It will creep up on you and it will scare the crap out of you one day.

Giving up.

There is a blog I've kept up with for a long time that I can't get to anymore. It's a weight loss blog where she lost over 100 pounds. Why can't I get to her blog anymore? Did she give up? Did she let one lost weekend turn into a lost week turn into a lost 6 months and before you know it, she is back to where she was?

There is another blog I've kept up with where she hasn't blogged for over a year. The last entry was titled something like "starting over". But she didn't start over. She gave up. No more blogs, no more weight loss tips, nothing.

Off the grid.

I see it everywhere I look right now. The little slip that turns into a fall that turns into the thing we all dread. Giving up. Not getting back up. Just quitting entirely. Quitting is easier. And I think I know why.

If I quit on myself, I am believing the lie that I am not worth saving. And again, this doesn't have to be all about food for you. For me, it is. If I give in and let food be my best friend again, I might as well admit that I don't believe I am worth it. I can't do it, so before someone else says that, I'll prove it to you myself and just quit.

Spring is here. This is a new season of life. I need some new motivation just like you do. But I have a pretty cool thought that you might connect with.

I just planted perrenials in my backyard. They will bloom in the spring and summer, and in the fall, it will appear as if they die. in the winter, they'll lie dormant because they are preparing to come back alive in the spring. Four different seasons that my plants need to continue to grow. Four very different seasons. Four very TEMPORARY seasons.

I need to change my season right now. I feel like my weight loss progress has died, but really, it has been laying dormant in preparation for the next thing. But I need that next thing to get here. I guess it can't until I let it and fully get on board. I never believed I could get this far, but I did. Now do I believe I can get even further?

-Liz

4 comments:

  1. Liz!

    I believe you can do it! You are so crazy inspirational and have impacted people in so many ways that you might not even know. I've shared your blog with a few friends here, and your journey has really helped them on their journey, as it's helped me on mine. You have the support and love of people who don't even know you beyond your blog. YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally know what you are saying. Why do we not believe we are worth it?! Ugh. I counted calories today and "sort of" worked today! I have ate 100% clean though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, WHERE IS YOUR BLOG? Did you take it down?

      Delete