Wednesday, April 11, 2012

The moment you know you're successful...



Ok, so, lately I have been wondering...is it possible that I am actually doing this? I have lost 66 pounds, and there are moments that I still wonder if I am being successful. Is anyone reading my blog? Am I helping anyone? Am I making a difference? Then...I got this fb message and it answered my questions. It also made me cry.


Before you read it, I want you to think about how YOU can change the lives of people around you. Your way will be different than mine, but it will be the way that works for you and the people in your life. I have beaten over the head lately with the fact that people need encouragement, and it is my job to do that. It's your job too. Now check out this great message:

Hey Liz! I have been reading your blog recently and literally everything you write I can relate to. I always thought I was the only one who felt all those feelings. Knowing that I'm not alone makes me feel so much better. I have tried weight loss programs before but have always come back to my old ways. I am so frusterated because I want to be healthy but it's just so hard when I have had so many "relapses" before. I feel like why eould it work for me now when it didnt in the past?Recently, I have been feeling extra upset about my self image. I just wish it was easy to get healthy. I get overwhelmed just thinking about exercising! Anyways, I am sooo inspired by your incredible weight loss journey. I have always looked up to you and now I do even more!! I was wondering how you got started? I feel like i might be ready to change. I'm sick of feeling like this. Thank you for blogging about your journey. you really have inspired me! Keep up your amazing work! I miss you!!

What is your journey that needs to be shared with the world? Trust me, it's something. And trust me in this...we are successful when we let people into our lives. When we love people through pain, and love them afterwards. When we let ourselves be loved by others, especially when it hurts.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment