Friday, October 18, 2013

For those of us that need a little hope today.

I have developed a pretty structured routine in the morning. Time has to be available for me to get moving and feel ok physically to walk around and be ready for my day. So I decided to also text verses to a few friends out of whatever I am reading in the bible. One of my friends has reciprocated that for me a few times, and here is what she just sent me this morning:

Do you not know? 
Have you not heard?

The Lord is the everlasting God, 

the Creator of the ends of the earth.

He will not grow tired or weary,
 
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary

and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, 

and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
 
will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles; 

they will run and not grow weary,

they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40)

As my frustration is growing and my patience is wearing thin, I am amazed at how this promise from God is as true for me today as it was to the world thousands of years ago. This verse reminds me that God is big and I am small. My problems are huge but God is huger (yeah I know it's not a word).


My morning spot on my back porch. Yesterday it was
my spot for 4+ hours. I could have used a lot more
time with God there.
I don't understand why I am still in pain. But according to this verse, maybe I'm not supposed to. All I am supposed to do is hope in the Lord. So today, I will practice that. Because today, I need a little hope.

(side note: yesterday was one of the most emotionally charged days that I've had in a very, very long time. If I am able to sort out what the heck happened, I might be able to write about it one day...)


-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment