Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Life lessons brought to you by The Wop

A few months ago, I downloaded the software update for my iPhone. The best feature, in my opinion, is that I can set my alarm to wake up to any song in my library. (side note: the worst feature is still the Maps application. HATE IT and immediately got google maps beta.)

But I digress.

SO...the song I wake up to every morning now? The Wop. If you don't know it, quit reading my stupid blog and go get it. The reason I like it? It starts with the rapper saying "UH-OH!!!" you know, like you're about to be in trouble if you listen to this beat cause you can't handle it. It's so great. It gets me up and going early.

At the Y, we don't have early morning meetings. Typically, we don't need to be in until 9:30 am. But I am getting up earlier than ever these days. Why, you ask? Because I need to give my first fruits to my workouts. I need to give my best to myself right now, or else I might not do it.

My roommate is a self-diagnosed procrastinator and we talk all the time about how this is a really hard habit to break. I am seeing this in my life more and more as I submit to God and stop being so tough about doing things my own way. This might seem weird to you, but I know that God wants me to work out in the mornings. He wants time with me first thing, and the biggest way I am showing obedience to Him right now is to freaking GET OUT OF BED.

But I LOVE my bed. I rearranged my room and I have this great little nook now and it's just the bomb.

But God is telling me to come on. Something happens when I hear The Wop start and I know that I need to get moving. I can't lie, there are days where I am disobedient and I turn off the Wop and turn over in my bed. But lately, I'm getting it.

So the life lesson and workout tip for you? Whatever you're struggling with...take care of it. Even if it's just a little bit. Quit putting it off. Here's the thing...when I get my cardio done in the morning, I am sweating like a man, and it's not even 9am, it's awesome because I am DONE for the day. When I DON'T do my cardio first thing, it hangs over my head all day. And by the time I get to it in the afternoon, I am just tired and cranky and blah.

Here's your homework: go download The Wop. And we'll all start our day with a big UH-OH!!! first thing tomorrow.

-Liz

2 comments:

  1. "So the life lesson and workout tip for you? Whatever you're struggling with...take care of it." Get it girl! You're preachin' to me over here & I dig it!

    ReplyDelete