Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sometimes people need YOU, not your answers.

You know, we as human beings really can't help but overanalyze our lives when bad things happen. Or  when bad things happen to our friends. As friends, we believe it's our role to explain WHY said bad thing happened, and then help our friends move on.

But what about when you don't have the answers?

I have a friend who is walking through some medical struggles (to the say the least) that make my back pain seem insignificant (but I am not comparing pain). Because we are both typically very active people, it has helped me IMMENSELY to talk this through with her. The coolest thing she has shown me though, is that other people try to fix our problems, not just listen to them.

I have noticed that with my pain over the last few months. I have an AMAZING community of friends. And a lot of sweet women that want to solve my problem for me. What I really need is a hug sometimes, not a proposed solution. And what my friend shared with me is that it can feel condescending when someone minimizes your pain by explaining it away.

I wrote about this some in my last blog, but it has been cool to see how God has provided someone else for me to vent to and talk to about this because she is going through similar pain. And, through her, God has shown me that my friend doesn't need my answers. She just needs me. Again, it's that beauty in brokenness thing that God keeps showing me.

Tomorrow is round 3 of my steroid injections. I have HUGE hope that this will work. I need it to. I mean, I am up at 7am when I don't need to be because I now have an internal alarm clock in the form of nerve pain all down my left leg that simply won't let me sleep late (or much at all).

In the meantime, I thought I would bring a little joy into your day in the form of a guy who should own his own karaoke bar. I aspire to bring joy to people like this guy did. Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment