Thursday, November 21, 2013

The waiting room.

Today I had my MRI review with my back doctor. My prayer this morning: "God, please give me hope and progress and an answer. Please."

Today I welcomed hope and progress and an answer.

Two herniated disks means surgery. Most likely next week. This has been a year long ordeal for me. Managing the pain. Waiting. Getting injured. Pushing it. Running. Hurting. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

What have I learned from the waiting room? Sometimes the things I learn in the waiting room are more important than the things I'm waiting for.

God is faithful. In pain. God is faithful. In joy. I have run the gamut. I have cried, laughed, hurt, and experienced all of it. And finally, relief is coming. I am completely blown away. I am loved by so many and have been so encouraged by so many of you. You have been my lifeline in the midst of this rainy season.

I have also learned that a lot of us are in a lot of pain. And most of us keep it private. I'm not sure why. Fear? Probably. But really, being honest on this blog thing has broken down a lot of barriers for people and I hope that keeps happening in big, scary, amazing ways.

So if you're in the waiting room right now, I'm sitting with you. And God has put us here together. Don't forget.

-Liz


No comments:

Post a Comment