Monday, August 20, 2012

Be your own best friend.

I have been noticing how hard I've been on myself lately. Watching the scale #s, counting calories, watching the time tick away on the treadmill. Very methodical, very scientific, and very...unforgiving.

See, if I had a friend like me, and I saw someone picking on them, putting them down, and being unforgiving towards them, I would immediately stand in the gap and fight for them. Don't treat my friend like that! Why are you being so hard on them? This is my best friend and I won't let you treat her that way!

So why do I do this to...myself?

I'm changing it up. For me, and for the world of us that are too stinking hard on ourselves. I will not, however, give up this fight. I am just choosing to remember that the fight is not against myself.

-Liz

3 comments:

  1. I needed to hear this

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, my little friend. Let's work out together soon! I'll show you some serious sweat....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love your help! I will be there tomorrow at 11!

    ReplyDelete