Monday, August 6, 2012

The glass slipper of motorcycle jackets

November 2011
I don't have the energy to write a well thought out post today. But I didn't want to pass over a cool moment I had this weekend.

I really want to get a motorcycle soon, against my better judgment. The serious downside to riding a motorcycle is that I can, well, die...but that doesn't hold a candle to how AWESOME I would look pulling up to work on a motorcycle. Like everything in my life, being a bad ass is priority one, so we'll see what wins out.

Last weekend, my friends Pam and Barb rode with me to try on motorcycle jackets at Cycle Gear. The jacket that I have now is a men's jacket and is like 3 sizes too big. I only wore it once back in October when we took our riding class, and now it just sits in my closet.

The big win for me was that I tried on a women's jacket. And it fit. And it wasn't even the biggest size that they had. Last fall, when we all went there, I couldn't find a jacket in the whole store that could fit me...men's, women's, whatever. Nothing. Now I was in the women's section.

Imagine that. A woman shopping for women's clothes. Even if they happen to be women's motorcycle jackets.

-Liz


2 comments:

  1. Great blog, all posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and i appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Keep writing

    Motorcycle Jackets

    ReplyDelete
  2. apparel
    cruiser

    Crazy Al's Biker Leathers, your powersports superstore, is the best place to find great deals on top styles from high quality brands like Shoei, Joe Rocket, Scorpion, Klim and Zox. We have a variety of styles available, providing you with the look and comfort you need.

    Biker leathers are more than just a way to look great while you ride. They are also an important safety measure, protecting you in the event of a crash. Our brands and styles are durable with heavy duty stitching and the very best materials. Come find out what thousands of other customers have already learned and shop from Canada's premium store for leather and other biker necessities.

    Contact us:
    Website: www.bikerleathers.ca
    519-686-5464 (fax)
    Email: customerservice@bikerleathers.ca

    Address:
    4300 Wellington Road South Unit #2
    London, Ontario
    Canada, N6E 2Z7fggf

    ReplyDelete