Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Celebrate good times...WITH FOOD!

(it's a celebration...)

There's a party going on right here, a celebration, to last through out the year.

Ok I'm done.

Let's play a little word association game. I think it will teach you a lot about me, and maybe a little about you.
  • Let's go to the movies! (Oh, we're getting milk duds, popcorn, and a big DIET coke.)
  • I'm bored! (let's order a pizza.)
  • I have a cold and just feel sick. (let's make monkey bread.)
  • We just got paid! (where we going to eat?)
I could go on and on and on, but that would hurt your feelings.

I think I broke the cycle of my bad eating yesterday. I remember it was like, 10pm, and I was on the couch thinking "I could really go for a bowl of Lucky Charms." Ok, not a TERRIBLE decision, but not a great option either. Instead, I thought "I am not really hungry, I'm just...watching tv."

I didn't eat the Lucky Charms. Instead of exercising my hand to mouth, I decided to exercise my brain. How would I feel tomorrow morning if I ate a big bowl of sugary cereal late at night?

I went to bed hungry. But I was suppposed to. Today I woke up and felt great about the previous night. Food hangovers are just as real as the alcohol kind! What that tells me is that my body rejects too much food just like it rejects too much alcohol. At the time, it feels great. The next morning it feels terrible.

So, I am learning how to celebrate in other ways. Yes, food will always be a part of our lives, especially with holidays and family time, etc. And there is no reason why we can't celebrate with them. But I am seeing how my celebrating can go too far. When we are learning about patience, it just takes a while!

And truly, we are going to be in this journey together for a LONG while. And lately...this makes me smile. That's how I know we're getting somewhere good.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment