Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Guilty.

I work at a place that encourages health and wellness. This has been a great motivator for me. We even have initiatives to get healthier foods in our meetings, gatherings, and break times.

We are now, however, in the midst of a campaign to raise money for kids in our community that need the Y but can't afford the Y. So almost every night, we have these call nights where volunteers come in to call members and raise money with us. And almost every night, I am here helping out. Therefore, almost every night, I overeat. You should SEE the food that we have here during this campaign.

I thought I had a handle on the food temptation. I thought wrong. Last night we had Danny's BBQ here and I LOVE Danny's BBQ. Their potato salad is amazing, their coleslaw is on point, and their shredded pork is perfect. So I ate a really full plate of it. Ok, I ate two really full plates of it.

But that's not all! I also had some of this chocolate buttery toffee saltine bark that someone made. I had to physically remove myself from the room (several times) to stop picking at it.

Ten minutes after the feeding frenzy, I was painfully full. We're talking "too much turkey on thanksgiving" painfully full.

Why do I do this?

Today I am struggling with the guilt of last night. I guess it was a bender to an alcoholic. A one-night-stand to a sex addict. It's what "Under the Bridge" was written about.

Guilty as charged.

So today I got up and I worked out. Hard. Like the kind of working out that has now put me into an all-I-want-to-do-is-sleep state of mind. But I need to try harder to break this cycle. I am well aware that I am inspiring others, and that is amazing. It is also pressure like I have never felt before. So as I see myself taking missteps, I have to stop this backsliding and get back into the game. I'm not sure that I have both feet in like I used to. Is there some place deep in me that's not fully committed?

Guilty.

-Liz

2 comments:

  1. You are in the long, slow, process of changing. It would be freaky if you were perfect and didn't face setbacks. While I am not glad you are feeling guilty because I know that feeling well and it sucks, I AM glad you are REAL, honest, tenacious, and courageous enough to have begun this journey of change.

    Don't let your setbacks turn into excuses to believe lies about yourself. You are STRONG. You are a CONQUEROR. And the ultimate pressure is off you, because Christ has already done the biggest work. Please don't deny the grace to yourself that He earned fair and square on your behalf.

    BTW, these were mostly things I really need to remind myself about right now, too. You're not alone in this struggle-mess. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously look forward to your posts because it is exactly what I am experiencing just in better writing. You are amazing, keep it up!

    I honestly cant believe how much we relate. I guess a lot of people relate just few talk about it!

    ReplyDelete