Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fifty Pounds in Four Months!

I have dreamed about being able to say this. I have wished that one day, I could share this. I have worked really hard to confidently state this sentence...
I have lost 52 pounds in four months.

How many weeks has it been since September 13th? How many calories counted, miles ran, hours on the treadmill, bicep curls, flights of stairs with my trainer beside me, Luna bars, bananas, Nalgenes, journal entries, prayers for patience? How many questions for God? How many coffee conversations with women that have gone before me? How many tears along the way? How many doubts? A lot.

My purpose for this blog is not to brag, although, this is the best thing I can ever brag about. My purpose for THIS blog is to tell you (even though you hear this from other people and don't believe it) that if I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it.

Whatever "it" is. For most of us, it's weight loss. For ALL of us, it's believing that we are worth fighting for, and that we have a Saviour that wants to save us from ourselves. I am so glad that I can tell you that I have lost 50 pounds. Holy crap. But I am filled with joy to be able to tell you that what I am gaining, is worth FAR MORE than what I am losing.

Amen.

-Liz

2 comments: