Thursday, January 12, 2012

A letter of encouragement

I got an email last night from my best friend. She knows me better than anyone, and she knows I was struggling. What I love MOST about her, is Christ in her. I read this email earlier today, but it just came to me that, it is a PERFECT letter of encouragement for most of us that are weary and tired of the weight loss journey. Please insert your name all over it, and know it is from God to you. Enjoy!

Today is a new day.

Today, you might have annoying temptations like yesterday. But today, you are new. God created you for more. And the devil exists so that he can steal your joy. Think about this: when you are focusing on the curses of what you can't have and how it's not fair that you can't do what other people are doing like eating whatever they want, you're letting the devil win and consume your time with potentially good opportunities to bless people and encourage yourself. I know you want that crappy food, but you see that it's not what satisfies people, and even you.

It might seem annoying, but keep your focus on the good things that are coming from this journey. You are changing aspects of your life you never dreamed of! and you're inspiring people that are watching your progress, people that you don't even know their last names. YOU CAN DO THIS. and when it feels like you can't, give it completely to the God that created you and knows your deepest struggles. Because while you can't eat that meal at El Dorado, someone is struggling with even bigger life issues. that we can't even fathom. God gave you a beautiful body that He wants you to treat with respect. You know better. I believe in you so much. Keep going, you're SO CLOSE TO 50!! its a HUGE DEAL!!! keep up the amazing work, and changing lives while you're doing it. So proud to call you my best friend.I FREAKING LOVE YOU!!

NOW KICK ASS TODAY!!!!

You heard the woman. Go kick ass today! JUST today. And tomorrow, we will deal with it when it comes!

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment