Sunday, February 10, 2013

Calling all fence sitters!

I'm sitting on the fence.

Well, I have been sitting on the fence for a while now. Occasionally, I would hop off the fence. But I chose the wrong side more than the right one.

I know this, because I like to push the edges of safety. I was doing so great with my weight loss all last year. But after a few months, things slowed down. This is normal for anyone in a weight loss program. Even on the Biggest Loser, it happens. But when it happened to me, I panicked.

Panic led to bad decisions. Here was my reasoning: I'm working so hard and not losing anything at all. So I might as well work less and "trick my body" to see if that changes anything.

Oh, it did something allright. So began 3 months of half-assing this whole weight loss thing. A few great days followed by a cheat meal that turned into a cheat day that turned into a lost weekend. Over and over and over again.

I've had a few injuries here and there. But right now I am trying to come back from my biggest challenge: fence-sitting. I gotta get off the fence.

Today was a pretty serious low for me. I went to Bojangles and got food. By myself. I wasn't even that hungry. It was a pure food addiction moment. And it was great for about 5 minutes. But now, 8 hours later, I am still struggling and feeling bad about it.

The cool thing that came out of it? I told my roommate and another one of my close friends. I wasn't going to tell them. I wasn't going to tell anyone. But I realized pretty quickly, that if I am going to get off the fence and find myself on the right side, I have to quit acting like I have it all together.

Let me repeat that for those of us that struggle with this issue:

YOU HAVE TO QUIT ACTING LIKE YOU HAVE IT ALL TOGETHER.

That's the only way to get back the fire that I used to have. So come on. Jump off with me.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment