Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dear high school me...

Ok, no reason to hide embarrassing photos on here. I wanted to share a facebook message that one of my friends sent me. She is in high school, I know her through the Y. What a reminder that my struggle is universal. I wish I had her thoughts when I was her age, her boldness when I was in high school, her confidence to step out and make changes in her heart. I wonder where I would be today if I had gotten started when she did...

So enjoy this photo of high school me. But really, enjoy this message from my bold high school friend. (and don't worry, I asked her permission to share this on the blog!)

Hey liz, i just wanted to say that you are such an inspiration to me. nobody knows but i have been struggling with food since freshman year (which doesnt seem a lot but every day seems to go by so slowly). ive tried telling my mom but i don't think she quite understands because she thinks i can control it. these past 4 years have been a complete rollercoaster ride when it came to that area of my life- i'd have good days and just horrible ones. 

Sometimes i feel like once i start i really can't stop myself because i just want more and more and no matter how many times i tell myself that i'll regret it later, i just convince myself to eat more and give into my cravings. I was always embarrassed by it, especially eating in public because i know people take notice..so i'd either eat nothing at all or everything in sight. this addiction did not help with my high school girl self esteem at all and sometimes i'd just want to die because of how much i hated myself for loving food so much. but then i saw you post a link to your blog and i started keeping up with it. it's truly helped me through times i thought i couldn't take any more of it. i have recently began eating a more healthy diet and it's comforting to know i'm not alone when it comes to worrying about food.

so basically, i just want to say thank you. thank you for sharing your story and your journey through your blog, thank you for being such a light to the world because the presence of God shines so brightly in you, and thank you for being amazing. You are truly my inspiration(:

No comments:

Post a Comment